An airbrush can be used to quickly and evenly apply paint to a surface. Airbrushes are great for cake decoration, makeup, model painting, and auto detailing. We created a list of the 10 best airbrushes, so you can find the best airbrush for your task.
Top 5 Best Airbrush: Editor Choice
10 Best Airbrush Reviews:
1. Iwata Eclipse Hp-Cs Value Set with Hose Cleaner and Paint
- Gravity Feed Dual Action Airbrush With Airbrush Hose, Medea Airbrush Cleaner, Iwata Lube and Com-Art Acrylic Colour in Opaque Ultramarine and an Airbrush Users Guide
- 0.35mm needle and nozzle combination
- 1/3 ounce sized cup
- Resists Breakage - Needle made of high quality Spring-Steel
- Solvent resistant needle packing for longer life
The Iwata Eclipse HP-CS is an excellent beginner’s airbrush. The Iwata is good for professional use with a precise 0.35mm needle and an easy to clean design. The HP-CS is made of durable spring-steel, but the components can become warped and are expensive to replace.
The airbrush can spray a pattern up to 2-inches wide. The small, 1/3 ounce, gravity-fed cup can hold just enough paint for simple jobs, but may not be enough for large jobs.
- Durable construction
- Precise spray
- Gravity feed
- Small cup size
- Parts can be expensive
The Iwata Eclipse HP-CS is beginner-friendly and has a no-fuss gravity feed. The Iwata has an even spray and won’t clog even with thicker paints. The Iwata Eclipse HP-CS has a 0.35mm needle that makes it easy to get a precise flow up to 2-inches around. Paints are easy to thin by following the dotted line on the Iwata’s internal mix cup.
The Iwata Eclipse HP-CS performs well enough for professionals and beginners. The Iwata is made of durable spring-steel, but you should be careful with sensitive components because they can be expensive to replace. The cup will provide enough paint to use the Iwata without refilling it often. Iwata covers the HP-CS with a 5-year limited warranty for defects and workmanship.
2. Master Airbrush Multi-Purpose Airbrushing System Kit
- Professional Master Airbrush Multi-Purpose Airbrushing System with 3 of Master Airbrushes best selling & user friendly airbrushes. Includes bonus Master Airbrush Quick Start Guide and Airbrush Resource Center access card.
- Master Airbrush Model TC-320 Cool Runner II superior performance powerful 1/5 hp single-piston compressor with two cooling fans that allow it to run much cooler for a longer continuous running time without overheating. Includes airbrush holder for 2...
- 3 Types of Master Airbrushes: Model G22 dual-action with a 1/3 oz. gravity feed fluid cup and 0.3mm tip, Model G25 dual-action with a 1/16 oz. gravity feed fluid cup and 0.2mm tip, plus a Model E91 single-action siphon feed with a 0.8mm tip and 2 - 3/4...
- U.S. Art Supply Primary Colors Water-Based Acrylic Airbrush Paint Kit (6 Colors in 1 oz. Bottles plus Reducer and Cleaner). 6 Opaque colors included: bright sapphire blue, grass green, bright yellow, bright red, deep black and white. Bonus double sided...
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Buy with confidence, if you're not satisfied with these airbrushes at anytime within the first year of purchase or the compressor within the five years of purchase, we'll provide a refund or replacement.
The Master Airbrush System is great for beginners because it includes an array of nozzles, airbrush guns, paint, and a compressor. The small 0.2mm nozzle airbrush is gravity fed for precise painting. The 0.3mm nozzle gravity fed airbrush is great for mid-sized tasks with a larger paint cup. The 0.8mm nozzle airbrush is siphon-fed and includes two 3/4-ounce bottles for extensive painting. The compressor included with the kit works quietly indoors.
- Everything you need to get started
- Includes gravity and siphon airbrush guns
- Includes a quiet and compact compressor
- The warranty coverage is not impressive
- Some kits are missing contents
The Master Airbrush System includes everything you need to get started. The airbrush system can be used for a variety of tasks from automotive paint to food decorating. The Master Airbrush System has three airbrush guns with different nozzles for various flow levels; including a 0.2mm, 0.3mm, and 0.8mm nozzle.
The Master Airbrush System has good enough performance for professionals and beginners. The included compressor is not too loud, and the wide variety of airbrush guns and paints included are versatile enough for many uses. The Master Airbrush System is covered by a one-year limited warranty, and the compressor is covered for 2-years.
3. Harder & Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus
- Self-centering socket-type nozzles 0.15mm + 0.4mm
- Gravity feed 2ml + 5ml cups with lids
- Precision quick- fix end piece with numbered dial
- Innovative, adjustable trigger mechanism
- BONUS: Sparmax 1/8"-1/8"coiled air hose and cleaning brush set included when buying form SprayGunner
The Harder and Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus is a top of the line airbrush that is good for professionals and experienced painters. The included nozzles are excellent for precision work, and the set includes a coiled, 1/8-inch hose. The airbrush paint cups are easy to clean and assemble. The airbrush trigger and dial are precise and responsive for intricate work.
- High-performance airbrush
- Fine tip 0.15mm nozzle
- Long warranty coverage
- The price point may be high for beginners
- Parts and repairs are not easy to find in the US
The Harder and Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus has a very fine 0.15mm nozzle for precise lines that is great for painting miniature figures. The Infinity CR Plus has a responsive trigger that offers exceptional control. The Harder and Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus is gravity-fed and includes a 2 and 5ml paint cup. The 0.15mm nozzle is great for precise painting, and the 0.4mm nozzle is better for mid-sized painting tasks. The paint must be properly thinned to avoid clogging the airbrush.
The Harder and Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus has a precise dial to adjust the airbrush, and the trigger has good control for precise painting. The Harder and Steenbeck Infinity CR Plus will offer great performance for experienced airbrush painters. Harder and Steenbeck covers the Infinity CR Plus with a robust 10-year limited warranty.
4. Hubest Dual-Action Airbrush
- Cup disassembly, easy to clean.
- Light in weight, easy to operate.
- 0.3 mm Needle/Nozzle
- Dual-Action Trigger Control
- Gravity Feed: 7cc Fluid Cup with lid.
The Hubest Dual-Action Airbrush is a gravity-fed airbrush great for small beginner projects. The Hubest works with various paint types and can be used for many applications. The Hubest has a dual-action trigger and adjustment to help with precise painting. The Hubest Airbrush is easy to clean and lightweight.
- Versatile airbrush
- Dual-action trigger
- No warranty information
- Not a durable airbrush
The Hubest Dual-Action Airbrush is gravity fed, has dual-action trigger control, and is lightweight, making it easy for beginners to use. The Hubest Dual-Action Airbrush has a 0.3mm precise nozzle and a 1/3-ounce gravity-feed cup. The Hubest can be adjusted, and the dual-action trigger makes it easy to get the right flow.
The Hubest Dual-Action Airbrush is easy to use with its lightweight design. The Hubest is great for beginners and has enough control to be used for various projects. The Hubest Dual-Action Airbrush has no warranty coverage information.
5. Iwata Revolution CR
- An internal mix, dual action top-feed airbrush with ergonomic handle design with a 1/3 oz (.9 ml) Gravity-Feed well
- Larger nozzle and needle combination (0.5-mm) that makes for easier spraying of thicker or heavier paints
- Redesigned trigger mechanism and larger needle-chucking nut for easy assembly
- Replaceable internal solvent-proof PTFE needle packing for use with solvent or water based paints
The Iwata Revolution CR has an ergonomic design and large nozzle that make it perfect for larger paint jobs. Beginners and experienced painters will like the durable and high-quality design of this airbrush. The airbrush has a small 1/3-ounce paint cup that is easy to clean.
The redesigned trigger makes the needle easy to assemble with a larger needle-chucking nut. The Iwata doesn’t lack any features with a dual-action trigger and internal mixer.
- Ergonomic design
- Dual-action trigger
- Internal mixing
- Not the most precise nozzle
The Iwata Revolution CR has a gravity feed with an internal mix, making it easy to get thin paint. The large nozzle and ergonomic design make the Iwata perfect for large painting tasks. The Iwata Revolution CR has a large nozzle for excellent flow with thicker paints. The dual-action trigger is responsive for good control.
The Iwata Revolution CR is versatile and lightweight. The cup holds 1/3-ounces of paint, and the large nozzle does not clog easily. The Iwata feels comfortable and has a range of control. The Iwata Revolution CR is covered with a 5-year limited warranty.
6. Paasche Airbrush Set
- H Airbrush: The H airbrush is perfect for beginners or those requiring quick and easy spraying
- Siphon Feed Airbrush: Achieve patterns of 1/16-inch to 1-1/2-inch
- Single Action Airbrush: Set includes all three head sizes. Size 1 (.45mm), Size 3 (.65mm), Size 5 (1.05mm)
- Airbrush Set: H-SET includes H#3 airbrush, size 1 & 5 spray heads, 1/4 oz metal cup, 1 oz bottle assembly, 1 oz storage bottle, hanger, wrench, 6-foot braided air hose, lessons booklet and manual
- Paasche Airbrush: The H airbrush is made in the USA
Paasche is a well-known airbrush manufacturer from the US. The Paasche Airbrush is a simple and high-quality, single-action, siphon-fed airbrush. The set includes three different nozzles for fine and wide spray patterns and two siphon cups. Beginners will love the easy to use and clean design of this airbrush.
- Easy to clean
- Made in the USA
- Less control than dual-action trigger designs
- The warranty coverage is not impressive
The Paasche Airbrush is great for beginners learning to use a siphon-feed airbrush with its simple design. The Paasche Airbrush includes three nozzles for a spray size from 1/16-inch to 1.5 inches.
The Paasche Airbrush is great for pin stripping with its fine tip nozzle and can spray up to 1.5 inches to make quick work of solid coats. The airbrush is simple and easy to use and it is made in the USA. The Paasche Airbrush is covered by a one-year limited warranty.
7. PointZero Airbrush Kit
- Premium airbrushing set
- Multipurpose use
- Includes 7 exclusive downloadable e-Book airbrushing guides.
- Airbrush Essentials - Master the Basics DVD and access to exclusive airbrush knowledge base downloads
- Braided 6 ft. air hose
The PointZero Airbrush Kit includes everything you need to get started airbrushing. The kit has three airbrush guns; including a siphon-feed and two gravity-fed guns. The kit also has a quiet compressor for the airbrush. The PointZero kit has enough versatility to satisfy every user.
- Includes compressor
- Three different airbrush guns
- Affordable starter set
- The warranty only covers the compressor
- The air compressor can get hot and fail
The PointZero Airbrush Kit includes instructional materials for beginners to teach proper use and techniques. The airbrushes are easy to use and clean. The PointZero Airbrush Kit has three airbrush guns; including a 0.2mm nozzle for precise painting, a 0.3mm nozzle for mid-size jobs, and a large 0.8mm nozzle with a siphon-fed cup for large scale jobs.
The PointZero Airbrush Kit guns have dual-action triggers for good control. The three nozzle sizes offer versatility for every job. The gravity-fed cups have an internal mix for perfect paint thinning and the cups are easy to clean. PointZero offers no information about the airbrush warranty, but the compressor is covered by a 2-year limited warranty.
8. Badger Air-Brush Co 105 Patriot
- The new Model 105-1 "Patriot" is a dual action gravity feed airbrush; comes with instruction manual
- The Patriot's innovative and efficient precision design is enjoyed by crafters, artists, and hobbyists.
- Single (.5) needle/nozzle for spraying all Mediums, inks, dyes, watercolors, acrylics, enamels, lacquers, glazes, latex, Air-Opaque, Spectratex, MODELflex, and Stynylrez primers
- Easy maintenance self- centering nozzle design; acute tapered color well for faster cleaning; Maximum angle trigger clearance and stroke; Patented easy access needle removal system
- Badger Airbrushes are American Made. One year craftmanship warranty and lifetime labor warranty on factory service/repair
The Badger Air-Brush 105 Patriot is a gravity-fed airbrush with a dual-action trigger and 0.5mm nozzle good for mid and large-size jobs. The airbrush is of high quality and made in the USA.
- Dual-action trigger
- Internal mix gravity-feed cup
- US made airbrush
- Airbrush only has a one-year warranty
The Badger 105 Patriot is versatile and easy to use for cake decorating, makeup, and model painting. Beginners and professionals will enjoy the dual-trigger gravity-feed design of the airbrush.
The Badger 105 Patriot has a 0.5mm nozzle that is large enough for painting large surfaces quickly and small enough to be precise.
The Badger 105 Patriot has an internal mix, 1/3-ounce paint cup that is spill-proof and doesn’t waste any paint. The dual-action trigger allows for excellent control, and the paint gun works with many types of paint. Badger Air-Brush Co. covers the needle with a lifetime limited warranty, but only covers the 105 Patriot airbrush under a one-year limited warranty.
9. CNUALV 180K Airbrush Kit
- ►DUAL-ACTION TRIGGER ● Double-action Trigger Air-paint control device. It allows users to determine the quantity of air and fluid released with simply fingers' moves. Provides super atomization & incredible control.
- ►MULTI ACCESSORY ● The airbrush comes with Kit 0.2mm/0.3mm/0.5mm Needle and even a Airbrush hose. You can use the different needle to make the fine mist that you want. It sprays an entire range of stipple effects from very fine to coarse textures....
- ►MULTI PURPOSE ● The SP180K Airbrush has a variety of uses. It's perfect for Airbrush, Model coloring, painting (car, bicycle, bike, etc.), airbrush tattoos, nail design, Art drawing, Body painting, Cake decoration and much more！
- ►QUALITY ASSURANCE ● Airbrush is all made of high quality copper material and comes with Stainless steel needles. Exquisite workmanship, easy to operate. If have any Quality Issues, we guarantee 100% refund.
- NOTE: Please debug the airbrush to the best state, and then use clean water to test, make sure the atomization is normal before using it. After use, please clean the airbrush to avoid clogging. And this item air compressor limited is 15-50 psi .(This item...
The CNUALCV 180K Airbrush Kit includes a range of accessories to get you started with airbrush painting at an affordable price. This versatile kit only needs paint and a compressor to get started. The dual-action airbrush is gravity-fed and has three nozzle sizes included.
- Includes three nozzles
- Dual-action trigger
- Versatile airbrush
- No warranty coverage information
The CNUALCV 180K Airbrush Kit is easy to use and includes a range of versatile nozzles. The kit includes almost everything a beginner will need. The CNUALCV 180K Airbrush Kit has a fine tip 0.2mm nozzle, a 0.3mm nozzle, and a larger 0.5mm nozzle to provide proper flow for any job. The airbrush is gravity-fed and should be well cleaned to maintain flow.
The CNUALCV 180K Airbrush Kit is lightweight, has a 1/3-ounce gravity-feed paint cup, and three nozzles. The airbrush and needle are stainless steel and the dual-action trigger allows for excellent control. The CNUALCV 180K Airbrush Kit does not include any warranty information.
10. Badger Air-Brush Co. Sotar 2020-2F
- The Model 2020-2F Kit includes SOTAR 2020-2F in black plastic case with Instructions. The fine (black) needle / nozzle will spray a "Hair” line to 3/4-inch (19 millimeter) spray pattern
- The Sotar the 2020-2, designed with the a 1/12 ounce color cup allows for extended use before having to add color, is perfect for intricate detail work; the ideal airbrush for fine and commercial artists
- The SOTAR 20/20 airbrushes can spray finely pigmented, properly reduced paints, water colors, inks, dyes, and low viscosity acrylics
- Gravity feed, dual action, internal mix airbrush; The SOTAR was designed by an elite team of professional artists and illustrators. Micrometer setting allows user to preset desired spray pattern; Multi patented design including rear needle release. Badger...
- Paint source: Gravity feed 2ml cup
The Badger Air-Brush Sotar 2020-2F is a small gravity-feed airbrush with an extra-fine needle. The airbrush paints fine lines with ease with its hairline spray pattern. The Badger Sotar is a high-quality airbrush made in the USA.
- Paint fine lines
- Easy to clean the head
- Great for professionals
- One-year warranty on the airbrush
- The needle can bend easily
The Badger Sotar 2020-2F has a super-fine needle for painting fine lines and miniatures. Professionals will love the control and lightweight feel it offers. The Badger Sotar 2020-2F only allows a small amount of flow for its hairline to 3/4-inch spray pattern. It is perfect for precise painting.
The Badger Sotar 2020-2F is easy to clean and performs well for professional tasks. The small cup only holds 1/12-ounces of paint and has no lid. This helps the airbrush remain as lightweight as possible. Badger Air-Brush Co. covers the Sotar 2020-2F with a one-year limited warranty, but the needle is covered with a lifetime limited warranty.
Product FAQ: Frequent Ask Question About AirBrush
1. What Is an Airbrush?
An airbrush uses compressed air to spray ink, dye, paint, or food coloring evenly onto a surface. It uses a needle or nozzle that can be adjusted to change the spray size.
2. How to Choose the Best Airbrush?
When looking for the best airbrush for your project, you need to find an airbrush that will provide proper flow, is easy to use, and cleans easily. If you are just starting out with airbrush painting, a kit that includes a compressor can save you money.
How We Reviewed
We reviewed each airbrush on our best airbrush list based on ease of use, flow, performance, pros, cons, warranty, and features. We identified the best airbrush features and if the airbrush is good for beginners or professionals.
Overall Price Range
We found that the most specialized airbrushes cost the most. If you are looking for the best airbrush performance for fine lines with precise controls, it will cost the most. High-priced airbrushes also have the best warranty coverage. The most value is found in kits that include the compressor and additional airbrush guns or nozzles.
We found the best airbrush to be the Paasche Airbrush. The Paasche has a simple and easy-to-use design. It is siphon-fed, but has a low price point, and is easy to clean. The Paasche includes two paint cups and three nozzles for versatility. We find the Paasche to be great for experienced airbrush painters and the best airbrush for beginners.