Having a fruit tree in your very own backyard is something many of us dream of, but when it comes time to retrieving that fruit it can be a daunting task. Having a fruit picker to assist you in this is a great idea, but not all fruit pickers are created equal. That is why choosing the best fruit picker can feel as challenging as finding that perfect peach on the tree.
Top 5 Best Fruit Picker: Editor’s Recommended
Knowing what fruit you will be using your picking stick to retrieve is very important. The type of fruit tree or trees you will need it for will help guide you in picking the best one to meet your needs. This decision is one in which you should be picky when making. Once you know the type of fruit you’ll need it for, you can find the best fruit picker tool for you.
These fruit picker reviews are meant to serve as a guide to help you find the right apple picker or orange picker tool that will fit your needs and help to make picking easier for you.
14 Best Fruit Picker Reviews:
1. Ohuhu Fruit Picker Tool
- Extra lightweight and durable aluminum pole for repetitive use with minimal...
- Deep basket with "Bruise Free" pad - Keeps each piece of fruit safe from...
- Smart telescoping pole ¨C 3 steps to get the desired length: unlock the...
This fruit picker pole will allow you to reach even the highest fruit on the tree. It extends up to 13 feet in length and has a simple locking system to ensure it will not slide down. Unlike heavy metal or wooden poles, the lightweight aluminum design allows you to pick fruit for a longer period without getting worn out by the weight of the pole itself. Unlike other designs, this picker includes a bruise free pad. The bruise free pad absorbs the impact of the fruit falling into the basket. Soft fruits such as peaches, apples and nectarines often become bruised during the picking process when they fall into the picker cage.
The bruise free pad eliminates that concern. The telescoping design of the pole allows you to collapse it when not in use and store it away. The design of this picker also makes it very easy to extract the fruit from the tree. Even the most novice user can quickly become efficient at this tool. While each fruit picker has a common design, this one has a few features that should be considered when choosing the one that’s right for you.
- Lightweight aluminum makes picking all of your fruit much less taxing on your body
- “Bruise Free” pad ensures your fruit remain unharmed during the picking process
- Simple telescoping pole allows you to determine the perfect height of your pole and easily lock it into place
- 13 Ft long (with the basket) means you can reach all of your fruit with this one picker
- Simple, easy to use design
2. Flexrake LRB190 Fruit Picker with 13 Foot Telescoping Pole
- Flex rake Fruit Picker With Telescoping Pole 12ft Now you can pick fruit...
- This garden series tough grade fruit picker features a fiberglass handle...
- The "bruise free" pad keeps each piece of fruit safe from damage
The Flexrake LRB190 Fruit Picker is a 12-foot peach, nectarine, and apple picker. It is one of the most popular on the market. It has a telescoping design allowing you to extend it to the perfect height quickly and easily. This telescopic fruit picker is made with a simple fiberglass pole handle that is comfortable and lightweight. Even children can take part in the fun of getting the fruit from the tree.
A simple design allows for an effective grab and pull action to be used to quickly get the fruit from the tree. Even people who have never used a fruit picker will be able to quickly get the hang of this tool. The heavy gauge basket is coasted to avoid rusting. It was made to use with even large fruits like melons. No need for tall ladders and dangerous situations any longer. Simply keep your feet on the ground and use this lightweight pole to reach the highest fruit every time. Fruit picking will be fun, fast, and safe.
- 12 foot telescoping pole with 1 foot deep basket
- “Bruise Free” pad to absorb the fall of fruit and prevent damage
- Total 13 foot reach to extend to the top of even the tallest trees
- Heavy gauge vinyl coated wire basket that can hold the weight of large fruit
- Simple design to allow even novices to use immediately
- Lightweight, durable fiberglass pole that won’t add extra weight to the job
- Quick grab and pull action allows for efficient fruit collection
3. EVERSPROUT 19-Foot Fruit Picker
- FIRST TWIST-ON BASKET HEAD, FOAM CUSHION PREVENTS BRUISING, +BONUS FRUIT...
- SAVE TIME, SKIP THE LADDER – REACH FRUIT UP TO 25+ FEET WHEN STANDING –...
- THE EVERSPROUT ADVANTAGE – 1 YEAR WARRANTY, MIND-BLOWING USA CUSTOMER...
Fruit harvesting with this apple, melon, or orange picker tool just got so much easier. Imagine feeling as though you have 25 arms that extend up to the tallest branches. This has made our list of top fruit pickers for a few reasons. It has a twist on basket head. This is beneficial for a couple reasons. It can be removed so you can easily clean it in the sink. It also makes it more compact for storage. This picker also comes with a carrying bag which makes it even easier to carry and store your new picker in one location.
This picker comes assembled so you won’t have to worry about putting it together yourself. Just simply open the box and get to picking. Whether you have a large orchard or just a few backyard fruit trees, this fruit picker tool will be the best helper out among the trees. This handle has extra padding so you won’t need gloves or need to worry about getting blisters or calluses. This is one of the longest pickers in our list. It can extend up to 19 feet.
- Twist-on basket allows you to easily remove the basket head to clean it in an indoor sink. It also allows you to store it in a smaller location.
- Long 19 ft design will allow you to reach all the fruit on the tree and not have to limit yourself.
- Satisfaction guarantee means you don’t have to worry about buying another pole if this one were to break. Simply reach out and they’ll gladly replace it
- Carrying bag included to allow you to remove the basket head for storage and keep both pieces together.
- Made in the USA means you know you are buying a quality product made right here at home
- Lightweight design encourages everyone to get involved in the joy of fruit picking. Young and old alike can be part of the fruit picking responsibilities.
4. Abco Tech Fruit Picker Tool
Quickly disassemble this telescopic fruit picker so you can thoroughly clean it indoors. It uses a simple clamp system to ensure the basket will remain snugly in place once attached to the pole. The pole is made of a strong aluminum that will not bend or warp when being used to pick the fruit. The aluminum also means it is lightweight and can be used by anyone.
It has a soft, absorbent pad that keeps the fruit from bruising when dropping into the basket. The extendable pole design allows you to make it the height you need for the size of tree you are picking. The simple design of this fruit picker means you don’t have to worry about it breaking or being too hard to figure out. Anyone can start using this picker right out of the box.
- Light-weight and easy to handle aluminum design is much easier on the hands and lighter than wood or fiberglass.
- Absorbent fruit pad protects the fruit when it drops into the basket every time
- 13 foot extendable pole with a telescopic design makes it simple to collapse it or make it longer to your desired height.
- Smart locking design buckles lock the length of your pole and keeps it from sliding down on you when you are trying to reach those high branches
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee ensures you will be happy with your purchase or get your money back.
- Durable and simple to use for even new inexperienced fruit pickers
5. Bond Manufacturing 9164 Wood Handle Fruit Harvester
- Bond Fruit Harvester 2 piece, 8 foot wood handled fruit harvester with...
- Heavy wire basket construction with foam cushion to prevent bruising
- This product is made in China
This Bond harvester picking stick comes in two pieces. It has an 8-foot wooden handle with colorful vinyl coated head. The heavy wire basket construction is tough enough for even the heaviest fruit loads. It will not bend or break under the weight of large fruit. You can take even the largest fruits such as melons and not worry it will give under the weight. The thick foam cushion prevents bruising and damage to the fruit. It sits comfortably in the bottom of the basket.
Each fruit that drops into the basket comes to rest gently every time. The coating also ensures it will not rust or warp due to the elements. The two piece construction allows you to remove the head of the basket for easy cleaning and a small indoor sink. The deep basket means you can fill it up with more fruit before needing to empty it out and start again. The simple wooden pole eliminates telescoping or changing of length under the pressure of a basket full of fruit.
- Heavy wire basket with coasting to prevent rusting
- Sturdy wooden pole that will not collapse or change lengths while you are picking
- Extremely simple design with easy attach basket
- Removable basket and pad for easy indoor cleaning in a small sink
- Absorbent pad to ensure fruit are not damaged when they fall into the basket
- Deep metal durable basket allows for many fruit to be collected before needing to be emptied
6. Zenport ZL6146A Long Reach Telescopic Fruit Harvester and Picker
- ZL6146A long reach telescopic fruit picker that safely holds fruit as you...
- Extends from 44-Inch, 56-Inch and to 72-Inch fully extended
- Heavy duty telescopic aluminum pole construction
Zenport ZL6146A Long Reach Telescopic Fruit Harvester and Picker comes in two lengths. There is a 6-foot length and a 10-foot length. The 6-foot length extends from 44 inches to 56 inches and to 72 inches when fully extended. The 10-foot length extends from 66-Inches, 84-Inches and 108-Inches when fully extended. It is made of a strong aluminum construction. It is easy to adjust the length between the three options and lock it into place.
There are three bruise free soft rubber pads on each of the three claws that carefully and quickly clasp the fruit and allow you to gently pull each fruit precisely from the tree without damaging it. It has a soft TPR grip aluminum handle with a safety lock. The lever on the end of the pole is easy to squeeze and works like an extension of your hand. There is no clunky basket on top to make it hard to maneuver.
- 6 ft and 10 ft options to choose between
- The 6-foot length extends from 44 inches to 56 inches and to 72 inches when fully extended
- The 10-foot length extends from 66-Inches, 84-Inches and 108-Inches when fully extended.
- Heavy duty telescopic aluminum pole construction that easily locks into three lengths
- Three bruise free soft rubber padded claws keep each piece of fruit safe from damage when picking
- Soft TPR grip aluminum handle with safety lock
7. STARRICH Fruit Picker Head Basket or Fruit Picking Tools
- ★ Fruit picker is an useful tool which make it possible for picking...
- ★ This picking basket tool just like a Fishing Net for fruit, Easy to...
- ★ Slim, lightweight, convenient and labor saving, very practical Use the...
The STARRICH Fruit Picker Head Basket or Fruit Picking Tool is a useful tool that makes it easier to pick fruit without climbing a ladder or damaging the fruit or the tree. This basket acts like a fishing net for fruit. It contains a ring of metal teeth that form a circle around the basket. This allows you to use it at any angle.
It is easy to use and very practical. It is lightweight and hooks onto the end of a simple pole. It is 5.51 inches in diameter and the bag is 7.87 inches deep. It is made of stainless steel and purified cotton. If you purchase this basket, you must also purchase a fruit picking pole to attach it to. The end of the basket has many metal wide teeth. You hook one the teeth around the stem of the fruit and gently pull to separate it from the tree. It then gently falls into the soft cloth basket.
- Cloth basket that is easy to clean
- Gentle falling into the cloth prevents any bruising of the fruit
- Circular teeth ring allows you to pull fruit from any angle
- Simple construction means this tool will last and not need to be replaced
- Fruits catcher tool size: Diameter: 5.51 inch; Depth of bag: 7.87 inch; Weight:6.4 oz.
8. DocaPole Fruit Picker with 6-24 Foot Extension Pole
- EASY TWIST-ON FRUIT PICKER TOOL + 24 FOOT EXTENSION POLE – provides up to...
- MULTI-PICK BASKET – the large volume fruit picker basket can hold...
- BRUISE FREE – the DocaPole Fruit Picker comes with a padded insert to...
This fruit picker comes in two lengths. There is a 12-foot length and a 24-foot length. There is a removable fruit picking basket on the end of the pole. You simply twist on the basket collar using the adapter prior to the first use. The deep basket allows you to pick a large volume of fruit at once. Once the basket is full you can quickly empty it and begin again.
It comes with a soft absorbent bruise free pad that can be removed for cleaning. It can range from 6 to 24 feet and it’s made of lightweight aluminum. It is high-quality and uses a telescopic pole feature so they can slide into place and then clip ends with a screw on tip. The basket is removable by simply twisting and can be replaced with a number of add-ons that can be used for window cleaning, light bulb changing, gutter cleaning, hanging lights, and more.
- Simple twist on basket can be removed and exchanged with add-ons for light bulb changing, window cleaning, floor scrubbing, and more.
- Easy to assemble design with removable basket allows you to remove the basket and clean it after ever use.
- Deep basket can hold multiple fruit before needing to be emptied. This saves time and makes the job go faster.
- Padded insert sits in the bottom of the basket and allows the fruit to gently fall into the basket
- 12 foot pole can extend from 5-12 feet in length
- 24 foot pole extends from 12 to 24 feet in length
9. Professional Metal Fruit Picker with Long Telescoping 8ft Pole
- ★ENJOY FRESH RIPE FRUIT right off the tree - Supreme Quality pvc coated...
- ★1 INCH BRUISE FREE-INCH FRUIT PAD is gentle on all fruit
- ★DURABLE METAL POLE for long lasting use for years to come
Keep your feet on the ground and use this simple 8 foot picker for your fruit trees. For most people the 8-foot-long pole is all they need to reach all the fruit on their trees without needing a ladder. It has a deep metal basket on the end. The basket is coasted to prevent it from rusting. There are curved metal teeth that make it easy to snag the fruit from the tree.
The fruit then fall into the basket and land on the removal shock absorbent pad below. The basket is attached to the pole with a simple C clamp. The clamp tightens and keeps the basket in place. The basket can be easily removed for cleaning purposes. Unlike some longer poles, this pole is compact and easy to manipulate. The simple design ensures pieces will not break or come apart. The pole is PVC coated so it won’t rust when exposed to the elements.
- PVC coated pole will ensure it holds up to the elements and not warp or rust
- Removal bruise free pad keeps fruit from being damaged and is easy to clean after each picking
- Durable metal pole is strong enough to handle the weight of the fruit and will last for years to come
- Simple grab and pull metal teeth are easy to use and effective at removing fruit from the tree
- 8-foot-long picker is less bulky than some longer, heavier poles
10. Lopunny Fruit Picker 13-foot Lightweight Telescoping Aluminum Pole
- Handy 5 Section Extension Pole: extend from 3.5 to 13 feet that can easily...
- Light Weight Telescoping Aluminum Pole: not only can attach picker basket...
- Basket: heavy gauge vinyl coated wire basket is big enough to hold several...
The Lopunny Fruit Picker 13-foot Lightweight Telescoping Aluminum Pole with Bruise Free Basket is the perfect picker for all of your fruit. It has a five section extension pole that can extend from 3.5 to 13 feet in length. Since it is in five sections, you can extend it to the perfect length for your height and the height of your tree.
It is constructed of lightweight aluminum so it is not heavy or cumbersome to hold. The fruit basket can be unscrewed and the pole can be used with other attachments. It is a universal pole that can serve many purposes. It also contains an absorbent pad that ensures the fruit remains undamaged when it drops into the wire basket below.
- 5 Section Extension pole that can vary in length for the exact height you need.
- Lightweight Telescoping Aluminum Pole is easy to handle even when heavy fruit are in the basket
- The basket can be removed and other add-ons can be screwed onto the pole so you can use it for other uses around the house such as cleaning windows, changing light bulbs, mopping floors, or dusting fans
- Heavy gauge vinyl coated wire basket is big enough and strong enough to hold several fruits at same time
- Soft and Comfortable Sponge Grips prevent blisters and calluses: bring you a soft and comfortable grip and reduce your hand fatigue after lasting use.
- Absorbent bruise free pad keeps the fruit from getting damaged when they fall into the wire basket
11. Corona FP 2312 Extendable Fruit Picker
- Aluminum pole extends to 12 feet
- Hook the fruit between the prongs and gently pull back fruit
- Powder-coated basket resists rust and corrosion
Picking fruit from tall trees will no longer be a hassle with this fruit picker. Keep your feet on the ground and simply extend this pole to do the picking for you. The Corona FP2312 Extendable Fruit Picker extends up to 12 feet in length. It is made from a lightweight aluminum. You can easily hook the fruit between the prongs on the end of the basket and gently pull the fruit into the basket. The basket is covered with a powder coating so the basket will not rust or corrode.
The heavy gauge wire basket is 5.5 inches deep. This means you can collect a lot of fruit at one time before needing to empty it into a container. To adjust the length of the pole, simply twist the pole, lengthen the pole and tighten it at the desired length. It also includes a bruise free pad so when the fruit drops into the basket, it doesn’t get damaged.
- Lightweight aluminum pole extends to 12 feet in length
- Gentle hooking system makes it easy to remove the fruit from the tree by sliding the stem between the prongs and gently pulling the fruit into the basket
- Powder-coated basket resists rust and corrosion
- Deep 5.5″ basket allows you to collect a lot of fruit before you need to empty the basket and begin again
- Simple twist and tighten pole design allows you to change the length of the pole to the precise length you want for every job
- Removable basket for easy cleaning
- Absorbent pad to protect the fruit as it drops into the basket
12. Professional Wooden Fruit Picker
This simple design will last the test of time. There are few pieces to break and assembly is easy. Professional Wooden Fruit Picker with Long Telescoping 8ft Wooden Pole & Fruit Catcher is one of the easiest ways to pick fruit from your tree. No need to climb a ladder and risk life or limb. This picker can be used to reach up to 15 feet in length. The wooden pole is smooth and will not cause splinters. Because this pole is constructed of wood, you won’t need to worry about it being easily damaged or failing under the weight of the fruit.
The basket can be removed for easy cleaning. It comes with a 1-inch bruise free pad to absorb the fall of the fruit into the basket. The basket is made of a heavy gauge metal so it can handle the weight of the fruit. No need to pick just one fruit at a time. You can load the basket up and empty in periodically. It is coated so it will not rust. This picker comes with a pad you can place into the bottom of the basket so fruit will not be bruised when they drop into it.
- Simple wooden pole design so there are no worries about breaking parts
- Heavy gauge basket that can withstand the weight of the fruit as it drops into the basket
- Coated basket to avoid rust and corrosion from the elements
- Removable basket for easy cleaning and storage
- Absorbent pad to keep fruit from being damaged when fruit falls into the basket
13. Home-organizer Tech Fruit Picker Package
- Pick fruits without climbing a ladder and with no fruit or tree damage.
- Slim, lightweight, convenient and labor saving, very practical Use the...
- Can be used to pick most fruit, large or small, soft or hard skinned.
The Home-organizer Tech Fruit Picker Package Useful Fruit Picker just made fruit picking a lot easier with this picking tool. There is no need for you to climb a ladder and try to balance while grabbing that hard to reach fruit any longer. You also no longer have to worry about damaging your favorite fruit tree. This slim, lightweight picking tool will make fruit picking easy and enjoyable. It is constructed of iron and cotton.
The cotton bag ensures your fruit will be dropping into a soft bag instead of into a hard metal cage. The basket has strong metal teeth around the entire outside to make it easy to grasp the fruit. You do not have to be at the just right angle or try to blindly navigate the tool in the leaves and branches. As each piece falls into the bag, you will feel it softly land and be able to quickly move on to the next one. All you need to get started is a standard sized pole to attach the bag onto. There is no complex clamp system needed.
- No more dangerous ladders or damaged fruit trees
- Soft landing into the cotton bag every time
- Any sized fruit will fall effortlessly into the large bag
- Ring of hooks makes it easier to quickly pull the fruit from the trees
- Washable cotton bag is easy to clean
- Can be attached to any universal pole
14. Soledi Fruit Picker Convenient
The Soledi Fruit Picker head must be attached to a pole for use. It can be attached to any standard pole. Once attached to a pole, you will not need to use a ladder to get any fruit from your fruit tree. It is a great tool to use for picking fruit of all different sizes. Small fruit will not fall through the cracks like they can do if you use a wire basket.
This picker is constructed of a strong iron ring with sharp teeth and a soft cotton bag. The ring design with the many teeth all around the outside are great for easily and quickly pulling fruit from trees. No need to find the perfect angle. All of these teeth can be used to pull the fruit from the tree. When a piece of fruit is pulled from the tree, it gently drops into the soft cotton bag below. This can be repeated a number of times until the bag fills up. Then it can be emptied before the process begins again.
- Sturdy iron design with soft cotton bag
- Lightweight tool that can be easily attached to the pole of your choice
- Large Diameter of 14cm and depth of bag is 20cm
- No need to climb a ladder when you have this simple tool. It does the work for you
- Ring of teeth means you can pull a few fruit lose at once without having to find the perfect angle
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Selecting The Fruit Picker
Choosing the best fruit picker for your needs requires you take a few things into account. The fruit pickers we reviewed all have different features that may be important to you. It is therefore important to know what type of fruit you are planning to use your fruit picker for before deciding on one to buy. You should consider what type of fruit you will be using it with, the height you will need, how you want it to hold at once, how durable it must be, what amount you are willing to spend, and whether you would like to be able to use it for other uses.
Type of Fruit
What type of fruit are you going to be picking with your fruit picker? Are you concerned about bruising of soft fruits? Some fruit pickers contain padding or are made of softer materials. Choosing a soft bag or a metal basket that comes with padding may appeal to you. Are you concerned with small fruits falling out of large openings in the basket? Do you need a picker that can be used with fruit of vary different sizes?
Height of Tree
The height of the person who will be using the picker and more importantly, the height of the tree or trees should be considered when choosing which picker will work best. Does it need to extend 19 feet or is 5 feet in length all you will need to get to all of your fruit? Having a picker longer than you will ever need will just add more weight and be harder to handle. However, if you will be using it for different types of trees, you will want one that easily adjusts to a variety of lengths. Often telescoping poles are great for quick, easy height adjustment.
Amount it Will Hold
Do you envision simply using your picker to pick one fruit at a time or is holding a lot of fruit at once important to you? Some people like the idea of having and extended claw-like picker so they can grab each fruit one at a time. Others want to be able to fill up the basket before periodically emptying it out. Having to empty it less frequently will make the job go faster.
Does your fruit picker need to be able to withstand hot summers and cold winters? Will it be used frequently and loaded up with a lot of heavy fruit? Some pickers may be a bit heavier, but also more sturdy for big loads of melons or apples. Pickers to be used with light soft fruit like figs and dates may not need to be quite as durable.
How much are you willing to spend on your fruit picker? What is your budget? Are you planning on making an investment into your fruit picker or is this a more casual price sensitive choice? There are a number of options and you are sure to find one that will fit your budget. However, the cost may also be a reflection of the durability or variability of use.
Some fruit pickers can be used for other things. The basket can be removed from many of them to allow the pole to be used with other attachments. If you only have a few fruit trees or want to maximize your investment, you may want to buy a fruit picker that can be used for other activities. Some poles can be used for attachments to wash windows, change light bulbs, dust ceiling fans, wash floors, and many of uses.
FAQ’s: Frequently Ask Questions About Fruit Pickers:
Q1. What does a fruit picker do?
A fruit picker is a tool designed to make removing fruit from trees easier. They can make it easier by helping you reach fruit too high out of your reach without needing a ladder. They can also make it easier by allowing you to pick a few at once with hooks that can pull a couple at the same time. They can catch the fruit into a bag or basket so you can pick a few more quickly. By letting a bunch fall into a basket before having to unload it, you can be more efficient and collect small loads at a time.
Q2. How do you extend fruit pickers?
There are different ways fruit picker poles are constructed. Most fruit pickers are made with telescopic poles. The pieces of the pole fit inside of each other. Generally, you simply pull the extension pieces out and secure them into place by either closing a clamp or clamps or twisting the pole to tighten it at the desired length. Each pole will have instructions on how to lengthen and shorten it. Some fruit pickers are wooden and do not lengthen or shorten. With these, you simply lift it up to the height of the fruit but cannot adjust the actual pole length.
Q3. How do you pick figs?
Figs are a fruit that can be bruised easily. When picking them, it is best to not stack too many of them too tightly on top of one another. Using a soft bag or a foam pad will help keep them from landing and becoming bruised. It should also be noted that some people are allergic to the fig latex that is on the skin of the fruit. This is a good reason to use a fruit picker and not your bare hands. Wash your hands after picking figs to keep from accidentally coming into contact with the latex.
Q4. How do you pick an avocado from the tree?
Knowing when it’s avocado harvest time depends on the variety of avocado as well as the region it is being grown. Often once a couple fall off the tree, you can assume the others are ripe and ready to be picked.
Since they vary so greatly in shape, you will need a picker with a large opening to accommodate the various shapes and sizes. Using a grasping picker can also be helpful, but you must be very careful when grasping them because they can bruise very easily. It is also best not to pile them into a basket or bag onto one another too tightly.
Q5. How do you pick high fruit?
In order to pick high fruit, you need to use a sturdy fruit picker. First practice using the fruit picker on lower branches so you can better see how the picker must grasp the fruit and remove it.
Once you have practiced with fruit on the lower branches, you may need to lengthen your picker stick. Do this slowly until you get to the desired height. Then slowly get the picker under the fruit and remove it from the tree.
It may take some practice at first, but soon enough you’ll get the hang of it.
Fruit pickers are excellent tools that allow you to quickly, easily, and safely get the fruit from your trees. They can help you reach ones too high for you to reach without a ladder or get them off your trees more quickly.
No two fruit pickers are exactly the same. These fruit picker reviews are intended to give you more information about the varieties of fruit pickers out there. We have highlighted 14 different pickers to give you an idea of the differences between them. Take into consideration what specific fruit you will be using it for and what aspects of the picker are important to you.