Many of us have fond memories of the Rubik’s Cube growing up, spending endless hours trying to puzzle out how to match the sides and ending with that feeling of accomplishment when you’ve solved the cube. This iconic puzzle with nine cubes on each side has helped kids develop puzzle-solving skills for generations, but it’s more than a hobby for speed-cubers. Puzzle experts like to solve the cubes competitively, trying to set new time records, and having the best Rubik’s Cube to practice on is key to success in this hobby. You can checkout best yoyo our another review.
Top 5 Best Rubik Cube: Editor’s Choice
Not all Rubik’s Cubes are created equal, and the last thing you want when trying to solve a cube is for the cubes to get stuck or the stickers to peel and mess up your flow. That’s why here at Plumbar Oakland, we’ve put together a list of the ten best Rubik’s Cubes on the market today. Read on to find the best Rubik’s Cubes to help you practice your moves and set a new speed record.
- 10 Best Rubik Cube Review:
- 1. D-FantiX MoYu WeiLong GTS3 M Speed Cube
- 2. CuberSpeed MoYu WeiLong GTS2 Magic cube
- 3. Coogam Gans 356 Air SM Speed Cube
- 4. Coogam Qiyi Valk 3 Power Magnetic Speed Cube
- 5. D-FantiX Moyu Aolong V2 3×3 Speed Cube
- 6. Dayan 3x3x3 Zhanchi Stickerless Speed Cube
- 7. Coogam Gans 354 M Speed Cube
- 8. CuberSpeed QiYi Valk 3 Black Magic Cube
- 9. CuberSpeed Moyu Guoguan Yuexiao Black Magic Cube
- 10. CuberSpeed QiYi Thunderclap 3×3 Black Magic Cube
- Frequently Ask Question About Rubik Cube:
10 Best Rubik Cube Review:
1. D-FantiX MoYu WeiLong GTS3 M Speed Cube
- Flagship Moyu GTS3 M Cube – Moyu WeiLong GTS3M is an flagship puzzle from famous Cube brand Moyu. Innovative 4 slots inserted inside the center piece strengthens its structure and 2 inner piece additions make the center cap fit more tightly.
- Magnetic Positioning Technology - 48 pcs magnets inside the cube improve the hand feel, magnet slots ensure the magnets placed accurately.
- Dual-Adjustment Spring System - Dual-Adjusting tools allow for more choice in elasticity and for you to set the tension to an ideal level. You’re able to set the springs to your own preference in order to reach a feeling you’re satisfied with.
MoYu is a top name in the speed cube market, and every new model this company puts out enhances their reputation for smooth, high-end Rubik’s Cubes with user-friendly features. This new model features ridges on the outer edges to improve the grip and stability during fast turns and tricky transitions. The adjustable spring system is separate from the screws, making it easy to adjust both to find the right mix of traction and flexibility you need to get your times down.
This is a high-end, expensive model ideal for those who want smooth corner-cutting and a good mix of control and stability. It comes in a magnetic model to provide extra traction while speed-solving.
2. CuberSpeed MoYu WeiLong GTS2 Magic cube
- The MoYu WeiLong GTS2 has finally been announced!
- This long-awaited remake of the WeiLong GTS features a more compact size, thinner and more vivid stickers, and an overall more comfortable handfeel, all while maintaining the enjoyable features of its predecessor. The GTS2 also features an all-new 3-piece corner design that allows for stickerless variants to be produced.
- The GTS2 is packaged inside a fancy large box along with an instruction manual, introduction card, and a randomly-selected Team MoYu card (1 of 7 available cards).
It’s a compact cube and comes with a magnetic version that can boost your speed, boosting your traction and control and keeping the parts secure without slowing down your turns.
3. Coogam Gans 356 Air SM Speed Cube
- This highly-anticipated successor to the GAN 356 Air UM features an all-new design that has been optimized for magnetization, with specialized slots for holding the magnets, a new and improved elasticity system (GES V3), and a unique honeycomb design on the pieces. The Air SM feels very fast and quiet right out of the box.
- Each Air SM comes with GES V3 spring components, a GAN CFOP tutorial pamphlet, 2 plastic adjusting tool, a blue Gans cube bag, and a GAN 356 Air SM VIP card.Please note that GAN is transitioning from the full set of GES V2 Components to the Yellow, Blue, and Purple GES V3 Components, so some packages will come with the new GES Components instead.
- In 2014, GAN brought the world-first full-corner-cutting cube; in 2015, the world-first 56mm GAN cube came to the market, directing all 3×3 cubes towards 56mm or smaller size. Now in 2019, GAN is bringing GAN356 Air SM, it is tunable, you can even tune it to full-corner-cut through GES V3.
Coogam is a popular brand among hobbyists and is one of the most durable cubes on the market, and this model gets high mark for its quiet and smooth turns – it’s ideal for practicing under your desk at work or school. It’s a magnetic cube, providing enhanced control and preventing overshooting, which is ideal for someone who has forceful turns. It’s been used to set world records and has an innovative design and a quality build that will withstand hundreds of fast solves without slowing down or catching.
It gets its name “Air” from how light it is, but that can be a double-edged sword – beginners find it hard to control. Its smoothness and seamless corner cutting get it high marks among pro solvers.
4. Coogam Qiyi Valk 3 Power Magnetic Speed Cube
after legendary speed solver Mats Valk, this cube is a favorite of professionals thanks to its excellent blend of speed and stability, but beginners also give it high marks for its control. It’s one of the smallest cubes, making it a great travel cube to keep you busy on a long plane right, and its turns are fast and smooth. Corner cutting is more noticeable than other models, meaning long solving sessions can wear on the hands, but it won’t catch and it’s ideal for both fast and slow solvers.
The dual vertical core makes this high-end model a good choice thanks to its excellent control and unique tactile feel. Breaking down your cube is easier than ever with the help of Valk, who includes several digital guides on mastering his cube.
5. D-FantiX Moyu Aolong V2 3×3 Speed Cube
- PRO SPEED CUBE -D-FantiX MoYu AoLong V2 3x3x3 Speed Cube Enhanced Edition Black. Speedup your solving time without any effort. Look no further than this amazing 3x3 speed cube
- ENHANCED MOYU 3X3 - Moyu Aolong V2 is the enhanced version of Moyu Aolong V1, it has an all new mechanism with faster movement, amazing corner cutting and zero pops .Tension adjustable. It doesn't corner twist as often nor does it lock up. Good control of the cube .It definitely turns much better than my other speed cubes. One of the best 3x3x3 speed cube in the world
- COME LUBED & TENSIONED - The moyu 3x3 is crafted with eco-friendly ABS material. Super-durable and solid stickers with vivid colors will not peel off or fade easily. This moyu speed cube 3x3 comes pre-lubricated and tensioned. Lightweight and comfortable in the hand
D-FantiX cubes are among the best on the market, and this model lets you get one of their elite models for less than half the price of their top models. It’s an ideal choice for beginners. It’s a bigger cube designed for pro competition and comes with a proprietary mechanism that makes corner cutting as smooth as any choice. It comes pre-lubed and tensioned for easy use out of the box, and the stickers are securely adhered with no risk of peeling or getting stuck during turns.
The low cost and the chunkier feel makes this an ideal first cube for kids, as the slower turns are ideal for someone getting the hang of solving the puzzle; but control is good for faster turns as your skill evolves.
6. Dayan 3x3x3 Zhanchi Stickerless Speed Cube
- Dayan Zhanchi Three Layer 3x3x3 Speed Cube
- Designed for speed solving
- One of the best speed cube in the world
One of the first modern speed cubes and still one of the best models, this stickerless cube was built to make corner cutting easy and smooth and eliminate catching and cubes popping out. It uses gentle pastel-colored tiles to mark its sides, and its turning is among the smoothest on the list without harsh edges. It’s not the most quiet cubes on the list, but it’s one of the most durable and will stand up to extended practice without needing to be tuned or lubed.
Selling at less than half the price of top speed cubes, this is a great travel cube and will get you in shape for a competition without breaking the bank or leaving your fingers sore.
7. Coogam Gans 354 M Speed Cube
- Gans 354 M 3x3 speed cube puzzle is the latest version of new miniature to hit the market. 3.9in for each side, it is slightly more compact than other available 3x3 M. This 3x3 GAN 354 Magnetic speed cube comes in a premium display box, 1x carrying pouch. 1 x instructions manual.
- The groundbreaking magnet positioning technology was introduced into the gan 3x3 speed cube, which was precisely and accurately inserted into the angular magnetic groove. Innovative GMC combined with Symmetric Locked Clips design, brings more stability on this great compact size cube, especially designed for one-handed enthusiasts and cubers with smaller hands.
- The GAN 354 M applied an upgraded GES v3 system and honeycomb contact surface, coordinated with bigger contact-surface and lighter IPG v5 core. Improved anti-pop technology and structure makes the turning and feeling more balanced.
Another Coogan Gams model, this is a compact travel-friendly cube that has made an impact in the short time it’s been on the market – especially for speed-solvers with smaller hands. This is one of the smallest cubes on the market, and it’s ideal for one-handed solving while multitasking and has some of the best control on the list. It has installed magnets, but also comes with visible magnets that let you personalize your cube – users disagree on whether this is a fun feature or distracting.
This model has excellent corner cutting and is one of the fastest cubes on the list, but reviewers say it’s harder to control and a combination of magnets and lube are essential for better control.
8. CuberSpeed QiYi Valk 3 Black Magic Cube
- 100% new & original Kingcube QiYi Valk 3x3x3 Black Magic cube The Valk 3 3X3X3 Speed cube
- The Valk 3 is one of the most-anticipated cubes of the year
- Personally endorsed and used by renowned speedcuber Mats Valk himself, the Valk 3 has been touted as the premier speedcube from popular cube manufacturer QiYi/MoFangGe.
Another cube endorsed by the legendary Mats Valk, this is the model he used to set the world record of 4.74 seconds and it’s not hard to see why. This is one of the best cubes for a balance of speed and stability. Ideal for both beginners and pros, it comes with multiple guides by Valk that can be accessed via included digital downloads. It’s one of the smaller cubes on the list, making it a perfect travel cube that can be solved one-handed while multitasking or on a long plane ride.
This cube gets high marks for its fast and smooth turns, but the corner cutting is more noticeable than other models.
9. CuberSpeed Moyu Guoguan Yuexiao Black Magic Cube
- This cube is AMAZING! when I say that, I mean it.. It can cut anywhere and out of the box it's very fast and is very stable and smooth. It can go 180 degrees in one flick! sometimes even more! So just get this cube and it will probably make you happy
- The YueXiao is the first cube from GuoGuan, a new and exciting brand by MoYu. It features an appearance and design similar to that of the Cong's Design MeiYing, but with an all-new core design and more rounded edges.
- The cube turns very well right out of the box, and it has a slightly scratchy feeling to it.
The first cube out of the Guoguan division of Moyu, this is a mid-priced model that gets high marks for a strong combination of extreme speed and good control ideal for beginners. There is a welcome smoothness between the layers and was considered the best cube on the market when it was first released. It still gets high marks, but its flaws became more apparent with age, including a tendency to overshoot and mis-align, and a clicking sound that can be distracting.
The flaws keep it from being an elite-level cube, but this is a low-cost option ideal for heavy practice and can stand up to frequent use.
10. CuberSpeed QiYi Thunderclap 3×3 Black Magic Cube
- The QiYi Thunderclap 3x3 is the latest cube in QiYi's MoFangGe series. The mechanism appears to be an improved version of the QiYi Bullfight.
- Excellent stability - great corner cutting, tension adjustable. It doesn't corner twist as often nor does it lock up. Difficult to pop, good control of the cube, comes pre-lubricated and tensioned. Definitely a good choice for you to improve personal record in competitions. This cube can be used for international competitions. If you Wanna break the records, get yourself one !
- It is a classic color-matching puzzle in which the color shift making it look like a mess, over “43 quintillion” (that's 43 with 18 zeros to you and me) moves are possible with this original 3x3 cube, but there is only one solution! Improved anti-pop technology and structure for extremely fast and smooth cornering. With lots of practice you can solve it in under 10 seconds!
QiYi is one of the best brands for affordable cubes with top-level performance, and the Thunderclap gets high marks for its fast turning speed and smooth spinning motion. That’s a good mix any elite cube needs, and this cube gives you the control you need to master your tricks before entering professional competition.
Used by many top speed-solvers as their main cube, it’s one of the fastest low-cost models but its corner cutting isn’t the smoothest and it’s prone to occasional catching. This is an ideal model for practice thanks to its excellent control, and you won’t find it overshooting or mis-aligning.
Frequently Ask Question About Rubik Cube:
What Is a Speed Cube and Why Is It the Best Rubik’s Cube to Practice on?
A speed cube is a Rubik’s Cube that is designed for fluid motion and fast turns, making it easy to set speed records. They are also designed to be easy on the hands and fingers, not requiring as much force to turn.
What Types of Turning Do the Best Rubik’s Cubes Offer?
What Options Are Available for the Colors on the Best Rubik’s Cubes?
The three main speed cube types are cubes with colored stickers, cubes with colored tiles, and stickerless cubes. Stickerless cubes are ideal for practicing moves without worrying about matching, and stickered cubes are easier to move than tiled cubes. A cube with duller colors is ideal to avoid eye strain.
What Is the Best Rubik’s Cube in Size and Weight?
The best Rubik’s Cubes vary in size and weight, but a standard 3×3 puzzle is about 2.3 inches on either side. Medium-weighted cubes are recommended because they’re closest to regulation.
Where Can I Buy the Best Rubik’s Cube?
The following list of the ten best Rubik’s Cubes is available on Amazon or at specialty hobby stores, with a selection available at toy stores everywhere.
All ten of the speed cubes on this list took the classic Rubik’s Cube model and elevated it with faster speeds and better control, but which one stood out from the pack? The top-level models delivered the performance we were looking for and the low-cost models made great low-cost practice cubes for hobbyists, but only one delivered on both fronts. It’s been an elite choice for years, and we give our endorsement to the CuberSpeed MoYu WeiLong GTS2 Magic Cube as the best Rubik’s Cube on the market today.